5 Smart Ways in Packing Your Travel Carry-On
While bringing extra baggage makes sense for an extended vacation, this isn’t the case if you’re just in for a weekend trip. To skip the stress of over-packing for a short holiday, here are some pointers on how to pack light in a breeze.
- Pack Versatile Clothing Pieces. An easy way to win your battle against your suitcase is to wisely choose the clothing pieces you’ll be bringing with you. Opt for items that can work with multiple ensembles so you can double up their wear for less space. It’s also important to only pack clothes that you’re sure of wearing; vacation can be a tempting time to flaunt a new purchase, but do try it on first and see if you’re comfortable wearing it.
- Use Mesh Bags to Organize Your Items. Apart from helping you conserve space, using mesh bags or small pouches to store your items also aids in keeping your things organized. Categorize and store your toiletries, medicines, gadgets, and tickets and passes in their respective bags for an easier find on the whole duration of your flight.
- Keep Travel Docs and Passports in a Separate Pocket. Keeping all your important documents and papers in a separate holder is imperative. Not only will this limit your chances of fumbling through your things in the airport, it’ll also leave you with one important item to keep your eyes on. For an easier access, set the front pocket of your carry-on bag as documents holder where you’d keep important papers during your trip.
- Roll Items to Save Space. Other than saving tons of space, this trick also keeps your clothing pieces wrinkle-free. To wrinkle-proof pieces like shirts and blouses while saving space inside your luggage, fold these items lengthwise and them roll them.
- Utilize Your Bag’s Pockets. Got a bag with lots of pockets? Use every one of them to store small items and keep your things organized. Pockets are designed so you’ll have places to keep small knick-knacks and frequently used items like your phone, pen or eyeglasses. Store these things in pockets where you can easily see and access them during your trip.
When travelling, planning ahead is important to make everything as stress-free as possible. And with all your essentials organized in your carry-on, travelling will be a breeze.