Beauty in a Cup of Coffee
4 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Coffee
There are only a few things in life that’s as wondrous as coffee. We know it all too well as the drink that helps us survive our work days, but whether in bean, ground, extract or liquid form, the magical drink can also go overtime in helping any girl with their beauty concerns. Here, we’ve rounded up some of the surprizing, yet amazing, beauty benefits that your cup of Joe can give.
- Eliminates Puffy Eyes. In a world full of social obligations and work deadlines, most of us don’t always get enough sleep – resulting to dark under-eye circles and puffy eyes. Well, as it turns out, your daily dose of coffee can actually be a great morning-pick-me-up for your eyes, too. All you’ve got to do is cool the grounds from your morning coffee pot and apply it on your eyelids and on your under-eye area. After that, soak in a relaxing bath for 20 minutes and gently rinse it off with cool water. Voila! No more puffy eyes!
- Brightens Tired-Looking Skin. A cup of Joe is already enough to perk up your mornings, but did you know that it can do the same thing on your skin? Surprisingly, the caffeine found in coffee also stimulates the skin and improves blood circulation, resulting to a radiant and glowing skin. Simply mix a tablespoon of ground coffee with two tablespoons of organic plain yogurt, and apply it on your freshly washed face. Once you’re done, rinse it off with cold water and say hello to a healthy-looking skin.
- Minimizes Cellulite. Regardless of how much we work out, cellulite is a problem that we all struggle to eliminate. Luckily, that struggle can already be reduced by using a coffee scrub. This scrub works by stimulating the blood flow in the affected area and tightening the skin, which will result to a minimized cellulite appearance.
- Nourishes Your Hair. The protective antioxidant benefits of coffee isn’t just centred on your body, since you can also extend that same benefits to your strands. By simply doing a coffee hair mask, you’ll be able to prevent breakage and get shinier hair – not to mention, leave your lock with an amazing smell.
- Exfoliates Skin. If you think about it, coffee actually has the best consistency an exfoliator should have. Just like your regular exfoliator, the caffeic acid found in coffee works by stimulating the blood flow in the skin and boosting the collagen production, leaving you with healthier and more radiant skin. So ditch your chemical-based exfoliator now and start exfoliating using your favourite coffee granules.
We know how much you love your cup of Joe, but after knowing these beauty benefits, you surely wouldn’t want to get your hands off your morning espresso.