Going to Australia? Here’s the List of Adventures Waiting There
Sure there are a lot of adventures here in Singapore but sometimes, we have to see the bigger picture. Getting the big picture means going outside our comfort zone. If in this case you want to visit Australia, you are in a lot of treat. There are many Singaporeans living and studying in Australia so it is perfectly a safe country.
Its distance from here is about three thousand miles which is about eight hours of travel (if you disembark at Canberra). It is a long journey but everything will be worth it at the end of the day. Adventure is just waiting. All you have to do is to make it happen. Here are some activities or adventures worth trying when in Australia:
- Monalto Vineyard and Olive Grove: Not all tourists consider the vineyard and grove because they think that there is no fun. Monalto Vineyard and Olive Grove is actually a family-run estate celebrated for its café, restaurant and more importantly, breath-taking grounds. This is the perfect foodie adventure.
- Great Barrier Reef: Australia’s pride is the Great Barrier Reef. It is after all a World Heritage site. It is famous because it is the largest reef system on this planet. The fishes and marine life never looked so awesome. For a splash, head to Cairns. Cairns is the doorway to this magnificent site. There are many tour operators that can take you from the shore to the reef. It usually takes about 30 minutes. If this is not enough, you can also check out Marine World – an underwater observatory.
- The Twelve Apostles: Australia also boasts of remarkable coastal drives. Aside from the Great Barrier Reef, there is also one site recognized as a World Heritage. This is the Twelve Apostles originally known as Sow and Piglets. You can drive (about 243 kilometres) along the Great Ocean Road or you can choose the helicopter tour. The Twelve Apostles are rock formations.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge: So you visited the Opera House and the Botanic Gardens not to mention the beaches but if you ready for more adventures, you need to experience the Sydney Harbour Bridge. You can actually climb the bridge and of course, it is safe. The jumpsuits and harnesses will protect you.
- Tasmania: Do not forget to include Tasmania in your itinerary. It has breath-taking beauty. If kayaking is your thing, going to Tasmania can make a difference. Tasmania offers dramatic cliffs nearby Tinderbox Marine Nature Reserve. Though Tasmania is just a small island, it should not be underestimated. Visit in late December or January for the highly anticipated Tasmania Food Festival.
Make sure that everything is settled before actually flying there. Are your visas and passports ready? Did you book your hotel? As early as possible, make plans for a hassle free travel. If things are too complicated for you to remember, you can always hire for tourists guides or agencies to do everything for you.
Australia is also known for its terrific shopping experience. You can have a day or two just visiting shops and buying souvenirs for everyone.
Filed under: Globetrotting