Passports with the Most Travel Freedom
When we travel to other places, we need a passport and of course the visa. The visa will depend on the country but we wish that passport will be enough because securing visa is not that easy. The good news is that there are countries that do not need visa. They only need passport.
There is an index which aims to find passports that give the most travel freedom – Henley & Partners Visa Restrictions Index 2015 in partnership with International Air Transport Association. The index ranks different countries according to the countries that their people can travel to without having to secure a visa.
Here’s the result:
- Germany and United Kingdom: Germany and the United Kingdom topped the index giving their citizens access to one hundred seventy three countries with only their passport to show. Both countries were also at the top in 2014 rankings.
- Finland, Sweden and USA: Finland, Sweden and USA ranked second giving their citizens access to one hundred seventy two countries without a visa.
- Denmark, France, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Norway: The eight countries ranked third giving their citizens access to one hundred seventy one countries without a visa.
- Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, Portugal and Spain: The five countries ranked fourth giving their citizens access to one hundred seventy countries with only a passport.
- Austria, Ireland, Singapore and Switzerland: The four countries ranked fifth giving their citizens access to one hundred sixty nine countries without a visa. In 2013, Singapore was at the sixth spot with only access to one hundred sixty seven countries.
Visa-free access is really a convenient thing. Hopefully we can get more countries to encourage travel freedom.
Filed under: Globetrotting